TLT Group TGIF 2.25.2014
From Group World Headquarters
Members Exchange:LTA's, the Next GenerationMarch 5, 2014 3:00 pm Eastern TimeLeaders: Steve Gilbert and Bonnie MullinixThis session is free to TLT Group Members.
The following LTA categories emerged from the February FridayLive session:Determine LTA's of the future
- Presentation Tools
- Writing Guidance and Feedback
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Library Content/Access
- Active Learning Tools
- Web 2.0
- Mobile Learning
- Student Use
- Curriculum Production
- ADATLT participants were asked to review the 2002 LTA list and indicate which ones should stay on the list. This link will take you to the survey results..We invite you to become a member and join us, click hereNOTE: Check your institution's status here if you have your membership through an institutional subscription.
Upcoming Member Exchange eventsMarch 12: TOL4B MOOCow Planning FishbowlMarch 19: TOL4B MOOCow Planning FishbowlMarch 26: Voice Transcription Planning MeetingApril 23: TOL4B MOOCow Planning Fishbowl
FridayLive!App Smashing and Getting the Most Out of Your iPad with "The App Pack"March 7, 2014 2:00-3:00 pm ETPresenters, “The App Pack”:
- Steve Kaufman University of Akron University,
- Aaron Carpenter of Ashland University, and
- Penny Kuckkahn of Nicolet CollegeRegister Here free to allDESCRIPTION:We hear about an app for this and an app for that. Did you know you can combine apps? Yes you can and create powerful solutions at the same time. "The App Pack" (2 App Guys and a Gal) will share some new work flows which combine apps such as:• Notability• Explain Everything• PhotosCome early as this event fills up fast and registration is limited to the first 100 in the Adobe Connect Room.Up-coming FridayLive! schedule:March 14 Designing Your Courses for Significant earning - A New Edition
April 4 Voice Transcription
MOOCs Round SixMOOCow Teaching Online for Beginners (TOL4B)
MOOCOW = Massively Open Online Course (Or Whatever) -- designed to capture the flexible and experimental nature of this course.Join the planning and help further shape the MOOCow:March 12: TOL4B MOOCow Planning FishbowlMarch 19: TOL4B MOOCow Planning FishbowlApril 23: TOL4B MOOCow Planning Fishbowl
MOOCowTeaching Online for Beginners (TOL4B) May 16 - June, 27, 2014Presenters; Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and Others
DescriptionTeaching Online for Beginners (TOL4B) is a Massive Open Online Course or Whatever (MOOCow) designed to help you, as a successful faculty member in higher education, begin to teach entirely online or include more online resources and activities in your courses. You care about your students and their learning. You are busy and will continue to be busy. By sampling available options, benefits and drawbacks to teaching online you will cross the starting line. You will experience and experiment with a variety of easy to learn, reliable, widely accessible and least expensive tools and resources and strategies related to creating social presence and building community online. You will realize teaching and learning online does not necessarily mean teaching and learning alone, does not require being overworked, giving up your best teaching or losing meaningful contact with students. It can be satisfying and fun.
The "Action" path through the MOOCow is designed to help you achieve a variety of learning outcomes and ultimately produce a self-introductory video which will become part of a more complete introductory unit in an online course, as per rubric
You may also want to chose a Design It Yourself (DIY) path to meet your own learning goals.MOOCow Schedule will be available soon
#TLTGroup, #tltgFRLV, #tltg7FS2
Encourage. Enable. Engage.