2pm ET June 27, 2014
Join us. Register Here Free! tlt.gs/frlv for
Presenters: Tom Angelo, Queens Univ. of Charlotte; Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, TLT Group, and others
Thoughtful/Provocative Quotations from Tom Angelo:
- "If you're a teacher and worried primarily about whether your students are happy, then you shouldn't be teaching." - Tom Angelo during online planning session 20140624
- “To ignore the research findings on effective teaching practice where those findings do exist – without evidence that one has a demonstrably better approach – should be regarded as professional misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance.
- “Teaching without learning is just talking. But some talk is more entertaining than others. And students, like most of us, would rather be entertained than bored.
- “The true effectiveness of teaching is best evaluated by what the students do when the teacher is not present.
- “A well designed course is a clever learning trap, from which students cannot escape without demonstrating they have mastered the intended learning outcomes at the required high standard.
- “The positive effects of most accreditation visits endure about as long as it takes the departing visiting team to reach the airport."
- Quotes 2-6 above provided via email 6/24/2014 from Tom Angelo to Steve Gilbert et al.