BOOK DISCUSSION tlt.gs/ABrownChngCrs
Changing Course: Reinventing Colleges, Avoiding Closure, Alice W. Brown Jossey-Bass 2011 Friday, Feb 3, 2:00pm ET Register Free: tlt.gs/frlv
Alice Brown, Past Pres. Appalachian College Assoc, will be interviewed by Steve Gilbert.
Need additional background data for recent years (e.g., 2005-2010) …
Colleges opening/closing - undergrad "seats"
- Are more colleges closing or opening?
- Total # of colleges and universities in the United States went from XXXX to YYYY
- Total # of colleges and universities in the US that closed, merged, or changed name (“reinvented itself”)?
- Total # of colleges, univs in the US that were launched?
- Are there more private colleges for-profit and online? And fewer non-profit on-campus?
- Are there more/fewer applications for undergraduate enrollment? More/fewer applications per available opening?
- What is happening to the student faculty ratio? Overall? By institutional category? Online vs. on-campus?
- What is happening to the student full-time tenure track faculty ratio? student full-time non-tenure track faculty ratio? student part-time faculty ratio? Overall? By institutional category? Online vs. on-campus?
- Payment per course per student collected from the student or from someone on behalf of the student
- Operating cost per course
- Faculty salary per course
IIMAGE selected by Steve Gilbert 20120131
Photo of painting (1803) "Avalanche in the Alps" by Philipp Jakob Loutherbourg the Younger (1740–1812)
The Yorck Project: 10.000 Meisterwerke der Malerei. DVD-ROM, 2002. ISBN 3936122202. Distributed by DIRECTMEDIA Publishing GmbH.
Philipp Jakob Loutherbourg the Younger [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
"The work of art depicted in this image and the reproduction thereof are in the public domain worldwide. The reproduction is part of a collection of reproductions compiled by The Yorck Project. The compilation copyright is held by Zenodot Verlagsgesellschaft mbH and licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License."