TLT Group TGIF 8.12.2014
From Group World Headquarters
NEW Book Discussion & VoiceThread How-To Series
Thurs, Sept 18th through Wed, October 15th(this series is open to members of the TLT Group)
The series will include:
- 3 synchronous events (2 how-to VoiceThread webinars with TLT staff and one online conversation with me).
- A complimentary copy of the eBook, “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread” by Michelle Pacansky-Brock.
- An opportunity to apply your new VoiceThreading skills in a TLT VoiceThread group (a minimum of a free VoiceThread account is required). Group members will have access to a series of VoiceThreads that Michelle has designed to support a reflective conversation about the eBook chapters, as well as provide opportunity to actively apply some of the skills demonstrated in the eBook.
- Click here to learn more about becoming a TLT Group member.
TLT MembershipYou can become an individual member for $75.00 (USD).
Did you know…
- if you have participated in or registered for TOL4B you will receive a $25 discount. Enter discount code TLO4B.
- if you have retired you will receive $40 discount. Enter discount code RETIREE.
Join Us, Click here to get started.
- if you are a current student you will receive a $50 discount. Enter discount code: STUDENT.
Members Exchange: 2 Thursday events in AugustBack Stage Pass - Planning with Michelle Pacansky-BrockDate: August 14, 2014Time: 3-4 pm EasternPresenters: Michelle Pacansky-Brock, Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and othersDescriptionTLT Members are welcome to be a part of the planning in preparation for the September 19th FridayLive session with Michelle Pacansky-Brock. Michelle is the author of the book, “How to Humanize Your Online Class with VoiceThread.” We will also be planning the up-coming book discussion.Members Exchange"Back Stage Pass" - Planning a Book Discussion: applying cognitive science & brain research to teaching/learning principles, strategies, practicesDate: August 21, 2014Time: 3-4 pm EasternPresenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and othersDescriptionIn this organizational meeting we will be making a decision about what book to read. We would love to hear from you even if you can not attend the meeting. This link will take you to a survey where we will ask your opinion on 5 different books as well as a space to recommend others not on the list.
September Member Exchange events
September 4th: Good Enough for Other People’s ChildrenSeptember 11th: Adjusting and Experimenting with HeadsetsSeptember 18th: Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 24th: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: BEYOND THE BASICS (Book Discussion and “How To” Series)
FridayLive!A NEW season starts in September. Free to all!
September FridayLive! line-upSeptember 5th Keeping UpSeptember 12th We've Got Game - Strategies for Building Gamification into Your Blended Classroom
September 19th Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 26th Good Enough for Other People’s Children?
Book Discussion and “How To” Series
Book Discussion and “How To” SeriesLearning Out Loud with VoiceThreadSynchronous events:Sept 18th, Sept. 24th, Oct.15th 2014 at 3:00 PM ET
Asynchronous discussions will take place each week using VoiceThread to support your learning of content introduced in our synchronous events. Time: 3:00 PM ET
Presenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, Michelle Pacansky-Brock, and othersRegister Here for the SeriesDESCRIPTIONUsing voice in an online environment has many benefits one of which is to create a more "real," a more human, online experience for our learners. This series of events is designed to help you become more comfortable using VoiceThread, an application that connects many voices, yours and your students:
- two “how to” webinars,
- weekly asynchronous VoiceThread book discussions with colleagues and author, Michelle Pacansky-Brock. and
- a synchronous conversation with the author via webinar.
As a TLT member you have access to a free copy of the book we will be discussing,“How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”by Michelle Pancansky-Brock.Below are the dates of the synchronous events:
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:The Basics. (Th, Sept 18, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:Beyond The Basics (Wed., Sept 24, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: A Conversation with Author Michelle Pacansky-Brock (Wed., October 15th, 3 PM ET)
Continue the conversation usingVT Google+ Community
Encourage. Enable. Engage.