TLT Group TGIF 8.19.2014
From Group World Headquarters
AN OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO RESEARCH RELATED TO eBOOKS AND VOICETHREAD
The TLT Group is happy to pass along this invitation to participate in Michelle Pacansky-Brock’s doctoral research. Michelle is researching how an eBook provided as a faculty support resource impacts faculty perceptions about teaching with VoiceThread.To be eligible to participate, you must:
- be a part-time or full-time higher education faculty member in the United States
- have any type of VoiceThread account (free, individual, department, or site license)
- be over 18 years of ageParticipants do not need to be actively teaching with VoiceThread, nor do they need expertise with using VoiceThread.For more information about how to review the full risks and benefits of participating in this study and to sign up, please click the link below. http://page.teachingwithoutwalls.com/vt-research-study-an-invitation-to-participateMichelle will be happy to answer any questions you have and can be reached as follows:Michelle Pacansky-BrockCapella UniversitySchool of Educationmpacanskybrock
@capellauniversity.edu408-807-9377Michelle will be featured in 2 up-coming TLT events:
- NEW Book Discussion & VoiceThread How-To Series: Thurs, Sept 18th through Wed, October 15th
- FridayLive! Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”
For More Information and to RegisterTLT MembershipYou can become an individual member for $75.00 (USD).
Did you know…
Join Us, Click here to get started.
- if you have participated in or registered for TOL4B you will receive a $25 discount. Enter discount code TLO4B.
- if you have retired you will receive $40 discount. Enter discount code RETIREE.
- if you are a current student you will receive a $50 discount. Enter discount code: STUDENT.
Members Exchange: Up-coming Thursday event"Back Stage Pass" - Planning a Book Discussion: applying cognitive science & brain research to teaching/learning principles, strategies, practicesDate: August 21, 2014Time: 3-4 pm EasternPresenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and others
DescriptionIn this organizational meeting we will be making a decision about what book to read. We would love to hear from you even if you can not attend the meeting. This link will take you to a survey where we will ask your opinion on 5 different books as well as a space to recommend others not on the list.
September Member Exchange eventsSeptember 4th: Good Enough for Other People’s ChildrenSeptember 11th: Adjusting and Experimenting with HeadsetsSeptember 18th: Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 24th: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: BEYOND THE BASICS (Book Discussion and “How To” Series)
FridayLive!Keeping UpDate: September 5, 2014Time: 2-3 pm EasternPresenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and others
DescriptionOn September 5th we are launching a NEW series called "Keeping Up." Various TLT members will share something new they are experimenting with and everyone is welcome to pose a question or challenge you would like to group to address. This link will take you to a Google form to post your question.
"Keeping Up" will be offered on the first Wednesday of each month for TLT Members. In these informal sessions members are invited to:
- Share something new you are experimenting with or have just discovered.
- Come with questions or challenges you are facing. We will brainstorm possible solutions together.
- Come and listen.As always, we invite you to become a TLT member if you are not already. Join us by following this link. Direct your membership questions to Sally Gilbertsallygilbert@tltgroup.org
September FridayLive! line-upSeptember 5th Keeping UpSeptember 12th We've Got Game - Strategies for Building Gamification into Your Blended ClassroomSeptember 19th Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 26th Good Enough for Other People’s Children?
Book Discussion and “How To” Series
Book Discussion and “How To” SeriesLearning Out Loud with VoiceThreadSynchronous events:Sept 18th, Sept. 24th, Oct.15th 2014 at 3:00 PM ET
Asynchronous discussions will take place each week using VoiceThread to support your learning of content introduced in our synchronous events. Time: 3:00 PM ET
Presenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, Michelle Pacansky-Brock, and othersDESCRIPTIONUsing voice in an online environment has many benefits one of which is to create a more "real," a more human, online experience for our learners. This series of events is designed to help you become more comfortable using VoiceThread, an application that connects many voices, yours and your students:
- two “how to” webinars,
- weekly asynchronous VoiceThread book discussions with colleagues and author, Michelle Pacansky-Brock. and
- a synchronous conversation with the author via webinar.
As a TLT member you have access to a free copy of the book we will be discussing,“How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”by Michelle Pancansky-Brock.Below are the dates of the synchronous events:
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:The Basics. (Th, Sept 18, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:Beyond The Basics (Wed., Sept 24, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: A Conversation with Author Michelle Pacansky-Brock (Wed., October 15th, 3 PM ET)
Continue the conversation usingVT Google+ Community
Encourage. Enable. Engage.