Seventh issue, Volume Six
TLT Group TGIF 2.19.2013
From TLT Group World Headquarters Up-coming Member Exchange Events:
Looking for examples of using MOOC like resources in undergraduate education. Please consider filling out this survey. tlt.gs/MOOCusage
- VoiceThread: Connecting Many Voices, Wednesday, 2/20, 3:00 PM ET
- (sMOOChers) (Smart MOOCs Higher Education Research Subgroup)
Friday, 2/22 1:00 PM ET tlt.gs/login
- Silver Cloudians: Issues for Caregivers of Aging Parents, 2/27
Become a TLT member. Click here to find out how.
More from the TLT-SWG Blog: Members Only Exchange
Voice Thread - Connecting Many Voices
Wednesday, 2/20/13, NOTE: new time, 3:00 PM ET
Leaders: Penny Kuckhahn, Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, and others
Our Designated Learner and Social Media/Networking Tools/Resources Experiment Continues.
Prior to the session, participants are asked to build a VoiceThread and respond to other VoiceThreads. Post your VoiceThread by commenting to this post. We will be extending our learning from the February 6th session. If you did not attend, this link will take you resources on how to create and respond to VoiceThreads.
During the session, be prepared to discuss how your VoiceThread and/or experience with your own and other's VoiceThreads would be beneficial to instruction. We will also talk about what to avoid when considering VoiceThread for instruction and share lessons learned from our designated learner experiment. Penny will demonstrate how to embed a VoiceThread into a blog.Penny Kuckkahn, MSE, BA: Instructional Designer, Nicolet College.This session is part of an ongoing series.
We keep learning about new tools and resources from our members. Those members will be introducing the tools and resources they are currently using.
This session is free to TLT Group Individual Members.
$75 to others
Check your institution's status here if you have your membership through an institutional subscription.
Thinking about Violence in our Learning Spaces
February 22, 2013 2:00-3:00 pm ET - free to all.
Steven Bell, Temple University
We want our learning spaces to be safe - not only safe for sharing ideas but safe from physical danger. Despite our best efforts we cannot always prevent violence on campus.
Just as we need the right technology to advance learning, we need to have in place the appropriate security measures in order for faculty and students to be prepared for unexpected emergencies.
While technology can play a role in both prevention and detection, creating more secure learning spaces is the result of campus-wide preparation.
Up-coming FridayLive! schedule:
March 1 John Sener returns
March 8 MOOCs and sMOOChers
March 15 There's an App for That 2.4
MOOCs Round Two Week Four
sMOOChers (Smart MOOCs Higher Education Research Subgroup) meets this week Friday, 2/22 1:00 PM ETtlt.gs/login
We have been participating in the EDCMOOC, eLearning & Digital Cultures MOOC sponsored by the University of Edinborough. So does that make us MOOCers? What is a MOOCer anyway? On Friday, we will talk together about the process and the content we have been experienecing. See you there, tlt.gs/login. We will also meet on 3/1
Some interesting bits and pieces:
- Dale Parker has set up a study group for us in the MOOC, search on tlt smoochers
- Check out this very cool VoiceThread, https://voicethread.com/#q.b4104932.i21006791
- This is another great resource about how to prepare learners for MOOCs, Your Online Self: Preparing for a Connectivist MOOC
- Here is a link to some of my reflections on the MOOC #EDCMOOC Being Real and in Rhythm
- Participants in Week 3 were invited to create an artifact depicting what they have been learning about being human. This link will take you all the AMAZING submissions.
- Looking for examples of using MOOC like resources in undergraduate education, pleaseconsider filling out this survey. tlt.gs/MOOCusage
Encourage. Enable. Engage.