Nineteenth Issue, Volume Seven
TLT Group TGIF 1.21.2014
From Group World Headquarters
TWO MAIN EVENTS THIS WEEK
- FridayLive! There's an APP for that! 5.0 The App Guys are back!
Join early on Friday to get a seat.
Seven Futures Twitter Chats:January 22 Committing to Quality Improvement.
4 pm ETFebruary 5 Strategies for Quality Improvement: What & Why. 3 PM ET
FridayLive!There's an APP for that! 5.0January 24, 2014 2:00-3:00 pm ET Free to all. Register HerePresenters, “The App Guys”:
- Steve Kaufman University of Akron University,
- Aaron Carpenter of Ashland University, and
- Tim Lombardo of The Ohio State UniversityApps are everywhere. We use them to play games, look up movie showtimes, check the weather, and much more.
- How do we, as educators, leverage these apps in our classrooms to enhance student's learning?
- What apps work best for promoting active learning and engagement?In this session, we will provide examples for using apps and websites in your classrooms across multiple types of devices. Whether you have an iPhone, iPad, Android device, or Google Chrome, we will demonstrate apps that benefit you and your students. Stop by for this idea-packed session!Come early as this event fills up fast and registration is limited to the first 100 in the Adobe Connect Room.FridayLive! schedule:January 31 Setting the Scenario: The Seven Futures Perspective on Quality Improvement
MOOCs Round Five
schMOOCSeven Futures of American Education v2.0 (#tltg7FS2):Perspectives, Strategies, PlansJanuary 17 - February 22, 2014Presenters; Steve Gilbert and John SenerDescriptionGet across the starting line! Seven Futures of American Education (7F) is designed to help those who work in higher education (faculty, administrators, other professional staff) increase their ability to create positive educational change by using the ideas in Seven Futures.Perspectives -- This schMOOC will present the Seven Futures perspective on improving educational quality. Participants will discuss these perspectives and compare them with their own personal perspectives. Participants will also identify where they stand on committing to quality improvement, and identify one or more issues they face in trying to improve educational quality.Strategies -- 7F will present and discuss a wide array of strategies for re-empowering learning and teaching, revitalizing the educational enterprise, and using online learning to improve education. Participants will select one or more quality improvement strategies that address their self-identified issues, based on a combination of Seven Futures and personal perspectives.Plans -- The course will enable participants to create the outline for an action plan for implementing one or more quality improvement strategies in their course, program, or institution.
This schMOOC* is based the book The Seven Futures of American Education: Improving Learning & Teaching in a Screen-Captured World by John Sener. We highly encourage participants to purchase a copy of the book to help get the most out of this experience. (Participants can take this course without having or using the book.) This schMOOC will also offer multiple paths for participation, including a well-sequenced set of guided learning activities (“Action Path”), a Book Club Path and a DIY (“Design-It-Yourself”) option.Seven Futures ScheduleThe series will consist of four live synchronous sessions (Jan 17, 31, Feb 14 & 21), two Twitter Chats (Jan 22 & Feb 5) and many ways for you to chose your own path and create your own experiences over a 5 week period of time.
#TLTGroup, #tltgFRLV, #tltg7FS2
Encourage. Enable. Engage.