TLT Group TGIF 9.3.2014
From Group World Headquarters
Our new season starts this week with two events:
- Members Exchange: Thursday
Good Enough for Other People’s ChildrenDate: September 4, 2014Time: 3-4 pm Eastern
- FridayLive!Keeping UpDate: September 5, 2014Time: 2-3 pm Eastern
Be sure to register for theBook Discussion and How to Series “Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread”which is starting soon.It is a great time to renew your TLT membership or to become a member. TLT MembershipYou can become an individual member for $75.00 (USD).
Did you know…
Join Us,Click hereto get started.
- if you have participated in or registered forTOL4Byou will receive a $25 discount. Enter discount code TLO4B.
- if you haveretiredyou will receive $40 discount. Enter discount code RETIREE.
- if you are a currentstudentyou will receive a $50 discount. Enter discount code: STUDENT.
Members Exchange: Up-coming Thursday eventGood Enough for Other People’s ChildrenDate: September 4, 2014Time: 3-4 pm EasternPresenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and others
More to come…...
September Member Exchange events
September 11th: Adjusting and Experimenting with HeadsetsSeptember 18th: Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 24th: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: BEYOND THE BASICS (Book Discussion and “How To” Series)
FridayLive!Keeping UpDate: September 5, 2014Time: 2-3 pm EasternPresenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey and others
DescriptionOn September 5th we are launching a NEW series called "Keeping Up." Various TLT members will share something new they are experimenting with and everyone is welcome to pose a question or challenge you would like to group to address. This link will take you to a Google form to post your question.
"Keeping Up" will be offered on the first Wednesday of each month for TLT Members. In these informal sessions members are invited to:
- Share something new you are experimenting with or have just discovered.
- Come with questions or challenges you are facing. We will brainstorm possible solutions together.
- Come and listen.As always, we invite you to become a TLT member if you are not already. Join us by following this link. Direct your membership questions to Sally Gilbertsallygilbert@tltgroup.org
September FridayLive! line-upSeptember 12th We've Got Game - Strategies for Building Gamification into Your Blended ClassroomSeptember 19th Learning Out Loud: “How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”September 26th Good Enough for Other People’s Children?
Book Discussion and “How To” Series
Book Discussion and “How To” SeriesLearning Out Loud with VoiceThreadSynchronous events:Sept 18th, Sept. 24th, Oct.15th 2014 at 3:00 PM ET
Asynchronous discussions will take place each week using VoiceThread to support your learning of content introduced in our synchronous events. Time: 3:00 PM ET
Presenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, Michelle Pacansky-Brock, and othersDESCRIPTIONUsing voice in an online environment has many benefits one of which is to create a more "real," a more human, online experience for our learners. This series of events is designed to help you become more comfortable using VoiceThread, an application that connects many voices, yours and your students:
- two “how to” webinars,
- weekly asynchronous VoiceThread book discussions with colleagues and author, Michelle Pacansky-Brock. and
- a synchronous conversation with the author via webinar.
As a TLT member you have access to a free copy of the book we will be discussing,“How to Humanize Your Online Course with VoiceThread”by Michelle Pancansky-Brock.Below are the dates of the synchronous events:
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:The Basics. (Th, Sept 18, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange:Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread:Beyond The Basics (Wed., Sept 24, 3 PM ET)
Conversation will continue via VoiceThread
- TLTG Members Exchange: Learning Out Loud with VoiceThread: A Conversation with Author Michelle Pacansky-Brock (Wed., October 15th, 3 PM ET)
Continue the conversation usingVT Google+ Community
Encourage. Enable. Engage.
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
TGIF: The new season starts this week!
Posted by Beth Dailey at 11:16 AM