TGIF: Teaching & Learning Paradigms, FridayLive!
You can also view the newsletter here.
Thirty-eight issue issue, Volume Eight
|TLT Group TGIF 05.20/15|
| From TLT Group World|
Two great sessions this week.
|More from the TLT-SWG Blog|
Twitter - Part 3
Date: May 20, 2015
TIME: 3:00 PM ET
Presenters: Susan Bearden, Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, TLT Group and others
Susan Beardon returns! this time to help us explore how to utilize Twitter (searching for hashtags, setting up a profile, using it for the book discussions, etc.)
Susan will also introduce us to the various features of an app she developed called TweechMe. The app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows mobile. Susan will walk us through the various features of the app so if you download the app before the session you can follow along. She developed the app to teach educators how to leverage twitter to create and enhance their PLN. Learn more about the app here.
Interesting Resource: How to Turn a One-Hour Twitter Chat into One-Week’s worth of Tweets!
Upcoming Member Exchange events
May 20, 2015 Twitter Part 3
May 27, 2015 IFTTT - Designated Learner Session
June 3, 2015 Webinar Exploration Learning Community
June 10, 2015 PLANNING MEETING - 4th Spring 2015 Discussion - FICTION, An Unnecessary Women
June 17, 2015 Evernote Learning Community
June 24, 2015 TBD
Teaching & Learning Paradigms and more
Date: May 22, 2015
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Presenters: Steve Gilbert, Beth Dailey, TLT Group
What teaching/learning paradigms are implied by these 3 documents? How do they overlap, dovetail and conflict?
1. 'What’s the Point of a Professor?By MARK BAUERLEIN NYT MAY 9, 2015' approx 4 pp.
2. "I Will Not Be Lectured To. I’m Too Busy Teaching.Posted on May 9, 2015 by Kevin" 5-7 pp. http://www.thetattooedprof.com/archives/356
3. “Technology-Enhanced Learning: Best Practices and Data Sharing in Higher Education” (pdf), From "Global Learning Council (GLC), a consortium of leaders in the field of education from academia, industry and nonprofits, released a first draft of a white paper that includes proposed recommendations regarding technology-enhanced learning (TEL) and the sharing of learning data."6 pp paper http://globallearningcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GLC_DRAFT_White_Paper_April_2015.pdf
For the "and more" part of the session, we will be talking together about summer events. On our agenda to address are:
1. Book Discussions
2. Teaching Online for Beginners (TOL4B)
3. Low Threshold Applications (LTAs)
This is your opportunity to influence our programming, plus we always have fun learning together.
Up-coming FridayLive! events
May 22, 2015 Teaching & Learning Paradigms and more
May 29, 2015 Real-time student engagement: leveraging tablets for faculty and future faculty development
June 5, 2015 “Saving Our Stuff?” - A Follow-up Session
June 12, 2015 Spring 2015 “Book” Discussion Series - An Unnecessary Women
Alameddine, Rabih (2014) An Unnecessary Woman
Nov 11, 2014, Grove Press
NEXT BOOK DISCUSSION: We are beginning to design the next book discussion, please give us your feedback.
|Encourage. Enable. Engage.|