Including: "Is there an App for this?"
This session VERY over-subscribed, so TLT Group members will be allowed to login early, and others will be allowed to enter as space permits.
PREVIEW: SEE BELOW FOR LIST OF "APPS TO BE INTRODUCED MARCH 15, 2013 2PM ET"
Time permitting during the session, or in our weekly "Afterthoughts" (3-3:30pm ET), participants will be invited to describe specific instructional goals or topics or activities, and the "App Guys" will try to suggest Apps or other tech resources that might work.
If you are a member of the TLT Group, you will automatically have access to the full digital archive from this session quite soon.
EVERYONE will have access to a transcript of the text chat, the intro/conclusion slides, and other related resources via this blog tlt.gs/blog and the DIIGO repository maintained for the TLT Group by Dale Parker tlt.gs/diigo.
As usual, we welcome volunteers to be "Voice of the Chat" and for other roles that enhance our sessions and provide useful experience as online teachers or learners! And share your own favorite Apps and your ideas for using them in courses.
They're back! Two guys from Ashland University: Steve Kaufman (repeat) and Aaron Carpenter (new). Showing more/newer best apps for education that work on multiple platforms, devices. Easy, effective, fun assignments using apps. How to share iPad & other screens in a classroom or online.
APPS TO BE INTRODUCED MARCH 15, 2013 2PM ET
AC= Aaron Carpenter SK=Steve Kaufman
DISCLAIMER: Cannot guarantee that time/tech will permit introducing all of the Apps listed below; influence of audience and astrological conditions are also likely to prompt intro of additional Apps not listed below:
- Air Server (how we use it) - AC
- Haiku Deck (for presentations) - AC
- Stack the States (game for learning the states) - AC
- Common Core (national standards for Math and LA) - AC
- Basic French - SK
- Sky View Free (augmented reality astronomy overview) - AC
- Etude (Steinway Piano assistant) - SK
- Skitch (screen capture and annotation) - SK
- Join.ME (assisting students through screen sharing) - SK
- Pearltrees (like a visual map of google) - SK
- Fit Brains (exercises to stimulate your mind) - SK
- Notability (dynamic note taking program) - AC
- Splash Top (remote desktop on your iPad) - AC
- Desmos Graphing Calculator - Chrome - SK
- World History TimeMap - Chrome - SK
IMAGE selected by Steve Gilbert 20130314
"Icon from Nuvola icon theme for KDE 3.x.
..."Source http://icon-king.com Author David Vignoni"
Permission (Reusing this file)
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. See version 2.1 and version 3 of the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
[LGPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html) or LGPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons