Most groups include BOTH
- Some participants who focus more on the "big picture" AND
- Some who focus more on immediate action
- Respect the needs and capabilities of BOTH.
- Take advantage of the needs and capabilities of BOTH.
Above guidelines were added after TLT Group's 2011 Online Symposium.
For more, see Sample Guidelines in "Guidelines/References for Frugal Innovation thru Small Group Collaboration: Working draft from TLTG Annual Online Symposium 2011" tlt.gs/SGCguide, and, of course,
Join TLT Group's first free online FridayLive! session of 2011-2012. September 9 at 2pm Eastern. Click here for more info, registration FREE!
These Guidelines & References are based on the work of the TLT Group's 4th Annual Online Symposium on Frugal Innovation and Collaborative Change: YOU ARE NOT ALONE! SMALL MIXED GROUP COLLABORATION (August, 2011). Registration was free to TLT Group members. See the homebase Web pages for each of the 3 online sessions:
Session 1 Session 2 Session 3
TLT Group Members are also invited to participate in a "small mixed collaborative group" to continue developing these resources in academic 2011-12!
To join this working group, send email to Rebecca Kurtz:
The Symposium strongly influences the TLT Group's agenda for our weekly FridayLive! online sessions. Our 2011-12 "season" begins on September 9, 2pm Eastern with a recap and extension of this summer's work on Small Mixed Collaborative Groups. In the Symposium, guest presenters discussed specific kinds of successful small-group collaboration:
- Student-Faculty - Session 3, Elon University et al.
- Faculty-Faculty - Sessions 1, 2, 3 - Temple University, Miami University of Oho, Elon University et al.
- Faculty-Librarian - Sessions 2, 3 - Miami University of Ohio et al.
- Faculty-Faculty Development, and Faculty-Tech. Participants - Sessions 1, 2, 3 - Temple University, Miami University of Oho, Elon University et al.
We welcome all in higher education - faculty, librarians, faculty developers, administrators, and students; but we especially encourage small groups of colleagues from the same institution.
"Small_Parts,_Big_Picture... A Scan of an original mixed media drawing by Terry Jackson" 19 July 2011 by Davoje,
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
See books by Peter G. W. Keen ("Counterimplementation" etc.)