These were introduced during "Social Collaboration Online - What Does It Mean?” TLT Group's FridayLive! Online Session October 19, 2012 2:00-3:00 pm ET
Guest Presenter: Penny Kuckkahn, Nicolet Area Technical CollegeClick here for access to Slides, Chat Transcript - including other links, comments, etc. from this session.
Join us every/any Friday 2pm ET. Register in advance as we continue to share good ideas, resources, suggestions, and specific [small] next steps in the TLT Group's FridayLive! free weekly online sessions
List below is numbered only for easy reference - the order does not indicate anything else at all!
- Twitter http://twitter.com/
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/
- Google Hangouts - http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/ - free video conferencing for up to 10(?) participants
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/
- Scoop.it www.scoop.it is curating tool; ...like a visual paper collage; example http://www.scoop.it/t/the-flipped-classroom “...use Scoopit as a newsletter for faculty on what is trending in education” "Share Ideas that matter Easily curate engaging magazines.Effectively feed your web presence."
- Voicethread http://voicethread.com/
- Wordle http://www.wordle.net/
- diigo http://www.diigo.com/ - “Collect and Highlight, Then Remember” can make groups
- delicious http://delicious.com/
- Netvibes http://www.netvibes.com/en to aggregate both twitter and google reader
- Yammer https://www.yammer.com/product/
- Skype http://www.skype.com
- Tumblr https://www.tumblr.com/
- vocaroo http://vocaroo.com/
- screencast-o-matic http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ for video capturing the computer screen and YouTube and my webcam to video myself. don't need to create an acct - downloads as an mp4
- jing http://www.techsmith.com/jing can be collaborative (free 5 minute screen recorder)
- TitanPad.com/ a version of etherpad
- Google Sites http://sites.google.com
- “Classroom Salon” from CMU http://www.classroomsalon.org/ also see: http://www.cmu.edu/homepage/computing/2011/spring/classroom-salon.shtml
- Gloster www.glogster.com
- Eyejot http://corp.eyejot.com/
- mindmeister http://www.mindmeister.com/ Collaborative mind-mapping tools?
- InstaGrok http://www.instagrok.com/ for concept maps?
- Sharing "bookmarks"
- google collaborative tools
IMAGE selected by Steve Gilbert 20121023
Graphic described as "Objectives: Reflect on social networks and concepts related to the recreation, reuse, remix of OER (productions and processes)" ...Author: Beto Steimber Date 5 March 2012 Source Own work Author Colearn"
By Colearn (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
"License: work in progress under Creative Commons license
...I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby publish it under the following license:
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license."